Sending love to all who feel isolated and depressed. You are not alone. Many people feel stressed at one time or another and may take it out on family members. Almost everyone has had bad stuff happen growing up. Perhaps, you witnessed or experienced bullying, divorce, death, abuse, drug addiction and/or violence.
Many hardworking people don’t know how to break the cycle of family abuse and find happiness. YOU have the power to be a role model and bring your family together with love and respect.
So…what is the secret to happiness?
1. Be honest with yourself and look at your demons. Write out your anger/sadness.
2. Forgive others so you can move forward. Do it for yourself. Pray and ask for help!
3. Decide to change your thinking from negative to positive. Practice prayer or meditation!
4. Stop taking your anger out on others. Unhappiness is a choice. Examine YOUR behavior!
5. Understand that YOU have to change if you want to be happy!
6. Be kind and it will come back to you in many different ways.
7. Smile even if you don’t feel like it.
8. Do for others and expect nothing in return.
9. Listen and show compassion which will strengthen you.
10. Reach out and develop a supportive, positive network of friends.
11. Understand that happiness is a do-it-yourself project! You can’t change anyone else, but you can change yourself.
12. Know that you have the power to break the cycle of family abuse and start the cycle of family happiness.
13. Be a blessing in your own family! A good place to start!